Recipes Inspired By Brownies
I have all of these things. I might make this tonight or tomorrow.
Holy cuss this looks good.
Reap the benefits of my recent adventures in the kitchen! I’ve found that after years of professing to hate cooking (really because I equated it with negative stereotypes of “women’s work”), I actually really enjoy the process of looking for recipes, doing a big weekly shopping trip, then spending Sunday preparing meals for the week. I still let a lot of stuff go bad because I like to go out to eat more than I like to eat things I’ve cooked, but I must say, aside from the sweet potato quinoa, all of these recipes were pretty darn amazing. Top to bottom, left to right:
- Tofu sushi bowl: truly awesome. Worth the effort of pressing tofu and buying so many new ingredients. Passed it to CJK and she added smoked salmon which I’ll try next time.
- Roasted vegetable orzo salad: to-die-for. The veggies are good by themselves too.
- Italian baked eggs and arugula with lemon and parmesan cheese: doesn’t get much easier than this. The sauce I used from a jar was too runny, so make or find something thick. Then buy all the arugula you can get your hands on because you’ll want to eat it all day err day.
- Spinach quiche: It’s 60% cheese, so…it’s perfect.
- Sweet potato quinoa coconut bowl: I threw most of it away after day 2 of having it for lunch. How could this not be good? I think the only conclusion is that I just can’t do quinoa, despite my best efforts. If anyone else tries this, please report back.
- Tried and true orzo-stuffed peppers plus a side of green beans gremolata, courtesy of CJK.
- Chickpea, cucumber, and avocado salad: see title.
- Spicy cauliflower stir-fry: you will eat the entire pan all at once. I’d recommend not going to yoga after that though.
- Roasted broccoli, kale, and chickpeas with ricotta: holy moly this was good. Even as leftovers! If you don’t like ricotta, it’s still delicious without it.
- Panzanella: the recipe to eliminate the need for all others. Do it while it’s still summer! I’d recommend using the olive french bread from TJ’s.
Irish Cream Coffee Cupcakes with Marshmallow Topping | Cooking Melangery